Water and Sewer Department
Water & Sewer Billing
Bills paid after the 15th will be charged a 10% penalty on any unpaid balance.
- Pay online by signing up for our online bill pay
- Pay by cash or check either in our office,
at any Athens State Bank Location,
or at our drop box on our circle drive.
- You can also pay over the phone by Visa,
Discover credit or debit cards.
Water Meter Deposits:
There is a $150 meter deposit that is required for all service locations. This must be paid by cash or check. This amount will be refunded upon termination of service.
Our bulk water is located on Main Street across from the post office.
Water & Sewer Rates:
- Water In-Town (WIT): $23.45 for 0-2,000 gallons
$4.73 for each additional 1,000 gallons
- Water Out-of-Town (WOT): $28.12 for 0-2,000 gallons
$7.25 for each additional 1,000 gallons
- Water Fancy Creek (WFC): $30.36 for 0-2,000 gallons
$8.56 for each additional 1,000 gallons
- Sewer (SWR): $22.20 for 0-2,000 gallons
$5.30 for each additional 1,000 gallons
- Bulk Water (BLK): $0.32 for 29 gallons
- Menard Rural Water (MRW): $5.89 per 1,000 gallons
Water & Sewer Tap Fees
¾” Tap: $1,500
1” Tap: $1,700
2” Tap: $3,100
3” Tap: $4,100
Sewer Tap: $1,00